The Old Clock Tower of Taiping was constructed within the year 1881. Initially of wood, the framework was reconstructed it stones nine years later, in 1890. The actual constructing in the Taiping Clock Tower was inside the shape of a square fort, aspect of which has considering that been demolished. There had been related buildings in Penang, along Hutton Lane (present-day Jalan Hutton) close to the Central Police Station, and in Kuala Lumpur at Higher Street (present-day Jalan Tun H.S. Lee).
Among 1908 and 1950, the Taiping Clock Tower constructing was utilized because the town police station and the fire brigade. Immediately after that, it was left abandoned till lately, when it was converted in to the Taiping Visitor Information and facts Centre.
The above details is contributed by Mr Annuar Isa, the Vice President on the Taiping Tourist Association. He runs the Visitor Details Centre with each other with Mr Annuar Abdullah, the operating secretary in the association.